Friday, December 16, 2011

The Weekend Before Christmas


Twas the weekend before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse... or cricket or whatever we may have. Why? Because they can't find their way through all the chaos!

Ok this Christmas season has not gone quite like I had planned. First off we are still missing half of our tree. We let someone borrow it last year as we were still moving into our house after repairs from the tornado and somehow the top didn't make it into the box. Thus I think I'm going to need to buy a new one after Christmas when they all go on sale. Suffice it to say my house is nowhere near designer decorated liked I had hoped.

This weekend is getting busier by the minute between cookie exchanges, dinner parties, lesson preparations, finishing my new tree skirt etc. I swear every time I get the kitchen cleaned it explodes into a bigger mess than what I just cleaned up after from all of the cooking.

However, I'm getting ready to head to the post office to finally mail off my Christmas cards and the last of my Christmas presents. While I feel like many my plans have fallen through and my house is turning into a war zone I still feel merry... and bright. Christmas will not be canceled no matter what does or doesn't go according to plan.

Next week I hope to reveal my finished tree skirt and another Christmas project even if they are a few weeks late as well as make a couple of big announcements, like REALLY BIG.

How is your Christmas list coming? What's left? What do your weekend plans entail?

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your tree skirt and hearing your news :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about the same at my house, still trying to finish off a heap of felt Christmas decorations which I want to put on everyone's presents might not make that deadline. Kitchen a mess but having fun. Can't wait to hear the really big news. Deep breaths will help. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your tree skirt. Somehow, I like the idea of a tree without a top. Every tree needs love, I think.

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete